Friday, May 22, 2009

On Being A Virtuous Women

In order to glorify God, which is my purpose here on earth, I have a desire to be a virtuous woman. As I was reflecting on this beauty, The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "You can be." At this point, I want to speak about the role of a woman in marriage. I understand more of my role as a woman and in the future, a wife and mother. The more I know God, the more I know the kind of creature that He made me to be and understands that the world does try to corrupt the sanctity of womanhood as well as marriage. This is one reason I can't fall-in line with much of the feministic values of the 21st century; too much of it goes against the basis of what God has ordained.

Many times, women usually frown at the word submitt especially when used in marriage. This word is often purposely misconstrued by of course, the enemy. But submission is a God-given concept and can be seen throughout the whole earth. Think about it; there are CEOs, directors, managers, etc. There are commanders, lieutenants and sergeants along with large corporations, small businesses and consumers. Even in the spiritual realm, there are ranks of angels - holy and fallen. Jude 1:9; Ephesians 6:12. Could you imagine if everyone just made decisions and no one submitted to anyone? It would be complete chaos. The purpose of submission is to smooth relationships out and make them conducive or reduce tension/strife. Does it mean you have to give up your brain and have no say so? Of course not; what it means is that if a wife has a dispute with her husband, then out of honor for God she would submitt only if it doesn't disobey God. When you have The Holy Spirit, it's becomes easy to do the things which the world or feminists may seem as crazy.

Though men also have to submitt. In 1 Corinthians 11:3, St.Paul said, "and I wish you to know that of every man the head is the Christ, and the head of a woman is the husband, and the head of Christ is God." See, one thing I understand is that when I choose to submitt to my future husband it is also submitting myself to Jesus Christ and God. That's why it becomes easy because in my heart, I don't see it with natural eyes but rather with spiritual ones; my future husband would be led by Christ.

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18 God then made several different beasts and brought them to Adam and finally, He put Adam in a deep sleep and made Eve. I believe that God alredy knew He would make Eve but displayed more of His glorious power and creativity by making more animals and also allowing Adam to see that nothing else was fit for Him. For instance, it's a pleasure for a parent to see how their child learns, interacts and grows. If a parent is playing with Legos or wooden shapes with their child, then they might give them everything but the right shape in order for the child to see that nothing else fits. Then, at the end they would give them the right block piece and finally, everything comes together. That's why, even unto this day thousands of years later, men seek out women who they would deem worthy of marriage. It's an innate drive and pursuit that they enemy can not stop or at least he can not diffuse the whole majority of men to defer from God's will to not be alone.

As a virtuous women (in training) there are some things I already possess and some that The Holy Spirit is teaching me now. It's just not enough for me to be a beautiful woman physically, because there are plenty of beautiful women. But as R.A. Vernon said, "So, you look good and got a body-well, so does she and her and yeah, oh her too," and it true! I love being beautiful and glorifying God through my outer image but at the same time, I desire to always be humble having a beautiful heart and virtuous characteristics. In the long run, those along with being in the center of God's will is what will sustain your marriage.

No comments: