Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Beware of Buying Candles at Burlington Coat Factory!

Well, I’m not a big fan or Burlington Coat Factory (BCF). It’s not a bad store but you just have to be careful about what you buy there because certain things, like scented candles are just plain unscented! Anyhow, one day my mom asks me to go to BCF with her and she’s my mom so I really don’t like to hang out with her like a good friend but never-the-less, I went just to be a good daughter. Off Topic: But why is it that moms sometimes think that they are suppose to hang out with their daughters like they are middle-aged friends? Anyhow, I’m looking around in the store and I pick up a new laundry hamper and then went to look at the scented candles trying to get my aromatherapy on.

I exit the store all happy about my purchase of Bill Blass Candles so elegantly packaged and adorned with a gold organza ribbon with gold piping. I mean, Bill Blass is supposedly the iconic clothing designer of the 1980s so what could be so bad about buying candles from his company? Well, maybe it wasn’t his company but rather the fact that the candles were probably just as old as his company or at least old enough for there not to be any scent whatsoever. I was upset to say the least and told my mom about it and she says, “Well, you can’t buy stuff like that at BCF.” I guess you learn something new everyday. I’m still a campaigner for being a girly-girl and pampering yourself at the end of a long day but buying candles from stores like BCF is not definitely a bad idea. My advice is to stick with Bath and Body Works.

No comments: