Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Poem

Hey ladies,

I know I am suppose to finish the series on what is true love and I will but I have composed a poem that I hope you all will like. I haven't given it a name yet, so maybe some of you can help me with that.


He tried to bring her down
Yet she knew love should be uplifting.
He told his lies
And for a time, she believed
This is what love is,
This is what love should be.

He controlled her time
Even her thoughts belonged to him
All she wanted was sincerity
While he projected fallacies as his love’s proof
All the while saying, “I’d never hurt you.”

She wanted something more
Yet he acted as if this was unsensible
She wanted to give her all
Yet he could only receive the physical.

She didn’t know her beauty
Though a million times she’s been told
It didn’t sink it
Until God released him from her soul.

She went looking for love
In all the wrong places
And as she reminisces
It brings tears at the basis
For false love wears many faces.

No comments: